РЭУ им. Г.В. Плеханова г. Саратов (Российский экономический университет)
Контрольные по английскому языку для Российский экономический университет РЭУ им. Г.В. Плеханова г. Саратов
I. Поставьте следующие предложения в вопросительную и отрицательную форму.
I. There are a lot of engineers in the office. 2. They usually have breakfast at 8 o’clock. 3. She can go out for lunch at 1 o’clock. 4. We will go to London on business in 2 weeks. 5. He is busy now, he is talking with Mr Ali on the phone. 6. Last winter I spent a lot of time in the library. 7. Peter has already seen the new model of this machine in operation. 8. I was having talks with their representative at 12 o’clock. 9. There is a shop near my house. 10. She types letters every day. 11. We have spoken to the manager about our visit to the plant.
II. Заполните пропуски местоимениями some, any, no, every и их производными ( + body, + thing, + where ).
1. I can’t find this fax but I know that it is ... on the desk. 2. ... is waiting for you in the hall. 3. It’s too late now, there is ... in the street. 4. It seems to me there isn’t... in the office. 5. I can’t find my report, haven’t you seen it ...? 6. The secretary wanted to speak to the manager but she could find him .... 7. There are ... libraries in our district and I like to go to one of them. 8. I think there is ... important in this letter. 9. Are there ... economists in your office? 10. Is there ... interesting on TV today? 11. I have ... relatives here, they all live in Moscow. 12. There is ... urgent in this letter, you may type it later. 13. This film is very popular, ... has seen it. 14. She receives the mail in the morning and she always reads ... letter.
III. Заполните пропуски словами much, many, few, little, a few, a little.
1. I have got only ... French books, I don’t know French very well. 2. Are there ... shops in you district? 2. There isn’t... furniture in this office. 3. He speaks ... at the lesson so the teacher always asks him to keep silent. 4. There is only ... bread left, please go and buy some for supper. 5. There are ... books on the table but there are ... newspapers there. 6. There is ... water in the cup but there is ... in the jug, take it. 7.
They don’t know French well. But they study ... now.
IV. Поставьте глаголы в нужном времени, употребив каждое из данных обстоятельств.
1. Our manager (discuss) business matters with them (this week, yesterday, ? just, a fortnight ago, often, now). 2. Some packages (come) from our New York office (last Monday, recently, soon, yesterday, this week). 3. They (to be) in/to Italy (last year, lately, this month, now).
V Раскройте скобки, употребив нужное по смыслу время.
At different period of time and in different parts of the world many different commodities (to serve) as money. These commodities (to be): cattle, sheep, furs, leather, fish, tobacco, tea, salt, shells etc. The experts (to underline) that to serve effectively as money, a commodity should (to be) ' fairly durable, easily divisible and portable. None of the above commodities (to possess) all these qualities, and in time they (to supersede) by precious metals.
First they (to supersede) by silver and later by gold. When a payment (to make) the metal first (to weigh) out. The next stage (to be) the cutting of the metal into pieces of definite weight and so coins (to come) into use.
Paper money first (to come) into use in the form of receipts given by goldsmiths in exchange for deposits of silver and gold coins. After goldsmiths (to become) bankers their receipts (to become) banknotes. That’s how the first banknotes (to come) into existence. At first coins (to be worth) their face value as metals. But later token coins of limited value as legal tender (to issue). Now smaller denomination coins (to make) from j bronze and often (to refer) to as coppers. Bigger denomination coins to make) from cupronickel and usually (to call) silver.
VI. Раскройте скобки, употребляя эквиваленты модальных глаголов в соответствующем времени.
1. We (not to have) to take a taxi because we had a lot of time before the plane took off. 2. I don’t think we (to be able) to check the prices just after the meeting. 3. Our president (to be) to sign the contract with the British firm at 10 o'clock today. 4. The president said during the talks that they (not to be able) to reduce their prices for the goods. 5. You (to have to) get the materials ready right away? 6. Mr. Camp couldn't wait any more as he (to be) to go to the airport in an hour. 7. You (to have to) reserve a room in advance to get accommodation at the hotel last month?
VII. Переведите следующие предложения, обращая внимание на пассивные конструкции, характерные для английского языка.
1. By this method the currency of any country can usually be exchanged. 2. The luggage has been brought in. It will be attended to by the porter. 3. The director told them the contract had been gone through. 4. The declaration was filled in a few minutes ago.
VIII. Переведите следующие предложения, содержащие конструкцию the Complex Object
1. We would like your company to deliver the goods promptly. 2. Our manager expected them to inform us of the contract terms. 3. I’ve seen the secretary come into the office some minutes ago. 4. They heard the engineers discuss the performance of the machine. 5. He wanted us to do the sights of London.
IX. Переведите следующие предложения, обращая внимание на специфику перевода Participle II.
1. The price-list enclosed with the letter gives all particulars concerning terms of the contract.2. The price of compressors quoted by the firm is very high. 3. We are satisfied with the transaction concluded between our firms. 4. The defects found by the inspectors are to be eliminated as soon as possible. 5. The required samples will be sent tomorrow. 6. The goods offered by the firm are of high quality.
X. Прочитайте и переведите данный ниже отрывок, обратите внимание на перевод Participle I и Participle II.
The effects of information technology have penetrated to virtually every area of Dutch society. This has given rise to a rapidly expanding computer service sector, alongside the existing micro-electronics industry. The software houses form an important part of the computer service sector. An increasing number of them are producing software which can also be used internationally. The Dutch electronics industry is in a position to supply everything needed for office automation.
XI. Прочитайте и постарайтесь понять следующий диалог. Замените все предложения, данные в прямой речи, предложениями в косвенной речи. Предложения переведите.
Smith: Good morning, Mr Smirnov.
Smirnov: Good morning, Mr Smith. Will you take a seat?
Smith: Thank you. It's very frosty in Moscow now, isn't it?
Smirnov: Yes, it has been very cold this month.
Smith: How is your business, Mr Smirnov?
Smirnov: Fine, thank you. We've just started selling machines of a new model and we've received a lot of orders for them.
Smith: Yes, we know that. We have studied your latest catalogues closely and we are interested in buying some machines of this model.
Smirnov: Glad to hear that. The new model is certainly good. It's of very high quality.
Smith: Well, Mr Smirnov, I'd like to look through your contract form. Smirnov: Here you are, Mr Smith.
Smith: Thank you very much. Let's meet again next Wednesday and discuss the terms of the contract.
Smirnov: All right. Good-bye for now.
XII. Прочитайте и переведите текст.
As defined by the committee on definitions of the American Marketing Association, marketing is “the performance of business activities directed toward and incident to, the flow of goods and services from producer to consumer or user.”
Today discovering demand, managing demand, and physically supplying demand constitute the three major devisions of Marketing effort undertaken by many firms. Marketing management approached this state in the 1950’s when General Electric enunciated a policy declaring that “marketing begins with the consumer.” By discovering and filling unmet wants, its marketing program was designed to produce what General Electric could sell because customers had certain unmet wants. Subsequently, having what you could sell instead of trying to “high pressure” customers into buying what you have required provided the use
of marketing research and environment “scanning” of conditions affecting
TheTey’ concept of market selection and product planning is the Product Life Cycle. It predicts that any product passes through various stage between its life and death (introduction - growth - maturity - decline ). So companies can make better marketing decisions if they find out where each of their products stands in its life cycle.
XIII Задайте 5 вопросов к тексту (общий, специальный, альтернативный, разделительный, вопрос к подлежащему).
Мы выполняли контрольные по английскому языку для Российского экономического университета (РЭУ) им. Г.В. Плеханова г. Саратов
Число прочтений: 2327